BRAND MANAGER - INNOVATION
CafePod was set up in 2011 by 2 friends, Peter Grainger & Brent Hadfield to bring some much-needed change to the retail coffee category. Consumer coffee habits were in the throes of being upended & they saw this as a great opportunity to take the lead in coffee at home.
Over the last 6 years we’ve grown to be the UK’s 7th largest roast & ground coffee brand in Retail, with a plan to be the 5th largest by the end of 2018. Our ambition is to become the UK’s No.1 retail coffee brand in the next 5 years, with a range of innovative, high quality coffee products that have the 21st century coffee consumer at heart.
We’re at a pivotal moment in the company’s journey, with a hugely exciting future ahead. We started in capsules but are about to embark on even more ambitious plans to truly shake up the whole retail coffee category with a full re-launch and a new consumer campaign planned in 2018. Our Marketing team are creating a truly world class brand and we need a Sales team to deliver that ambition. For the right person, this opportunity could be a career defining effort, shaping the company and long-term success of the business whilst revolutionising a category.
If you don’t like feeling like a small cog in a machine, join CafePod and become the machine.
We have just refreshed our brand identity to deliver a striking contrast to the ‘big boys’ that are so fond of black and gold... and sometimes gold and black. We’ve launched a plethora of NPD including Ground Coffee, Whole Bean Coffee and a multitude of blends and pack sizes, with even more to follow.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team and deliver innovation. This role is critical in our plans to disrupt the category and build a loved brand.
Role purpose: to take CafePod into new markets and delivering market-leading innovation in store.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager and cross functional team (operations and product experts) to develop innovation strategy and launch CafePod into new categories, launch new concepts and formats.
- Evaluate market opportunities, conduct consumer research and build concepts & business cases.
- Lead cross functional project teams for product development in partnership with ops, sales & finance.
- Packaging & artwork development, leading design agencies and regulatory.
- Work with sales and core marketing to create and execute launch plans for new products.
- Manage, report, track and evaluate major new product launches.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
No two days at CafePod are the same and we are looking for an ambitious, passionate and motivated person to join our team to help us shake up the coffee industry. We want someone who is excited to work in a fast growth, entrepreneurial company, creating a challenger brand.
Need to have:
- 5 - 6 years experience in grocery FMCG marketing (ideally food), with some evidence of tangible results from plans developed and executed.
- Experience in brand management with a lot of experience on the innovation side - developing and launching new products.
- Experience of managing cross functional teams to deliver projects.
- Experience in start-ups or entrepreneurial brands with limited budget preferred but not essential.
Need to be:
- Intelligent, entrepreneurial, creative and passionate.
- Have the initiative and self-confidence to come up with ideas, propose them and make them happen without being spoon fed and without relying on huge budgets or external agencies to do all the thinking.
- Someone who thinks and suggests what to do rather than always asking what to do.
- Confident and articulate presenting to the founders and leading agencies.
- Down to earth, collaborative and practical; prepared to get stuck into whatever is required at a small company.
- Have good attention to detail and be highly organised- work should be ready to go straight out to consumers without going through layers of process.
- Have a strong consumer feel, know what would resonate with our audience.
- Someone who can hold their own in a vibrant, fast paced environment.
- Commercially astute, with good business acumen and numeracy.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Private healthcare*.
- Gym membership*.
- Nespresso machine*.
- Optional Friday beers, free fruit and as much coffee as you can drink!
* Upon successful completion of probationary period.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter, referencing the role you are applying for.