CafePod was set up in 2011 by two friends, Peter & Brent to bring some much-needed change to the retail coffee category. Consumer coffee habits were in the throes of being upended & they saw this as a great opportunity to take the lead in coffee at home.
Over the last 6 years we’ve grown to be the UK’s 7th largest roast & ground coffee brand in Retail, with a plan to be the 5th largest by the end of 2019. Our ambition is to become one of the UK’s leading retail coffee brands in the next 5 years, with a range of innovative, high quality coffee products that have the 21st century coffee consumer at heart.
We’re at a pivotal moment in the company’s journey, with a hugely exciting future ahead. We started in capsules but are embarking on an even more ambitious plan, to truly shake up the whole retail coffee category, with a full re-launch and new consumer campaign in 2018. Our Marketing team are creating a truly world class brand and we need an Operations team to support that ambition.
We have just refreshed our brand identity to deliver a striking contrast to the 'big boys' that are so fond of black and gold... and sometimes gold and black. We’ve launched a plethora of NPD including Ground Coffee, Whole Bean Coffee, Instant Coffee and a multitude of blends and pack sizes with even more to follow.
The Demand Planner has an integral role in the operations department. The successful candidate will have the ability to maintain accurate forecasts and appropriate stock levels across multiple manufacturing sites and 3PL providers, ensuring availability and profit targets are reached. Through effective planning, management and control of S&OP Integrated Business Plan (IBP), incorporating promotional activity, peak trading periods, NPD/range changes/range launches and marketing activity.
- Achieve and maintain target availability, inventory and profit levels;
- Proactively drive sales and availability through effective inventory planning;
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders at supply chain level, across all customers and third-party contract manufacturers, to ensure we are delivering the best possible service levels;
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure ingredients, materials and packaging is delivered within specification and on time, to maintain optimum stock levels for continuous-flow manufacturing;
- Work with internal commercial teams on promotional activity planning, providing forecast and inventory insight.
KEY MEASURES / KPIs
- Production Demand accuracy;
- On-hand stock levels;
- Stock falling under MLOR / Stock waste and write off;
- Successful NPD launch.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Accurate and methodical approach to planning;
- Great attention to detail;
- High numeracy skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A team player.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Private healthcare*.
- Gym membership*.
- Nespresso machine*.
- Optional Friday beers, fresh fruit and as much coffee as you can drink!
* Upon successful completion of probationary period.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter, referencing the role you are applying for.