CafePod was set up in 2011 by 2 friends, Peter Grainger & Brent Hadfield to bring some much-needed change to the retail coffee category. Consumer coffee habits were in the throes of being upended & they saw this as a great opportunity to take the lead in coffee at home.
Over the last 6 years we’ve grown to be the UK’s 7th largest roast & ground coffee brand in Retail, with a plan to be the 5th largest by the end of 2018. Our ambition is to become the UK’s No.1 retail coffee brand in the next 5 years, with a range of innovative, high quality coffee products that have the 21st century coffee consumer at heart.
We’re at a pivotal moment in the company’s journey, with a hugely exciting future ahead. We started in capsules but are about to embark on even more ambitious plans to truly shake up the whole retail coffee category with a full re-launch and a new consumer campaign planned in 2018. Our Marketing team are creating a truly world class brand and we need a Sales team to deliver that ambition. For the right person, this opportunity could be a career defining effort, shaping the company and long-term success of the business whilst revolutionising a category.
If you don’t like feeling like a small cog in a machine, join CafePod and become the machine.
We have just refreshed our brand identity to deliver a striking contrast to the 'big boys' that are so fond of black and gold…and sometimes gold and black. We’ve launched a plethora of NPD including Ground Coffee, Whole Bean Coffee and a multitude of blends and pack sizes with even more to follow.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Financial Controller to join our team. This role is critical in our plans to disrupt the category and build a loved brand. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be responsible for all aspects of finance relating to CafePod. This role will provide an excellent development opportunity with great potential to have a large impact within a high growth company. FMCG goods experience essential.
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financials.
- Maintaining and implementing appropriate control environment and procedures (including all reconciliations and customer / supplier set-up).
- Cash management activities including cash forecasting, managing all payments and receipts, FX and banking relationships (including invoice discounting).
- Maintaining and improving of all finance systems (including integrations into other systems).
- Management of finance team (1 team member and external service providers).
- Statutory compliance - timely completion of all regulatory returns / submissions required.
- Management of tax compliance (VAT and Corporation Tax).
- Management of annual audit.
- Delivery of management reporting including budgeting / forecasting.
- Providing commercial insight analysis in conjunction with other departments to support decision-making.
- Assisting with other finance / company projects, as required.
- Manage the payroll function with external parties and facilitate employee changes.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
No two days at CafePod are the same and we are looking for an ambitious, passionate and motivated person to join our team to help us shake up the coffee industry. We want someone who is excited to work in a fast growth, entrepreneurial company, creating a challenger brand.
Need to have:
- An accounting qualification.
- Organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Advanced analytical and numerical skills.
- In depth understanding of FMCG.
- Strong Excel skills essential.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Financial Controller experience in an FMCG business (min 2-3 years).
- High integrity with commitment to good governance.
- Experience in integrating systems / systems implementation (desirable but not essential).
- Good attention to detail and be highly organised.
- The initiative and self-confidence to come up with ideas, propose them and make them happen without being spoon fed.
Need to be:
- Intelligent, entrepreneurial, creative and passionate.
- Someone who thinks and suggests what to do rather than always asking what to do.
- Confident and articulate presenting to the founders and other stake holders.
- Down to earth, collaborative and practical; prepared to get stuck into whatever is required at a small company.
- Someone who can hold their own in a vibrant, fast paced environment.
- Commercially astute, with good business acumen and numeracy.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- A driver of change - problem solving / desire to improve by continuous improvement.
- Enthusiastic and energetic.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Private healthcare*.
- Gym membership*.
- Nespresso machine*.
- Optional Friday beers, free fruit and as much coffee as you can drink!
* Upon successful completion of probationary period.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter, referencing the role you are applying for.