MARKETING MANAGER - BRAND
CafePod was set up in 2011 by 2 friends, Peter Grainger & Brent Hadfield to bring some much-needed change to the retail coffee category. Consumer coffee habits were in the throes of being upended & they saw this as a great opportunity to take the lead in coffee at home.
Over the last 6 years we’ve grown to be the UK’s 7th largest roast & ground coffee brand in Retail, with a plan to be the 5th largest by the end of 2018. Our ambition is to become the UK’s No.1 retail coffee brand in the next 5 years, with a range of innovative, high quality coffee products that have the 21st century coffee consumer at heart.
We’re at a pivotal moment in the company’s journey, with a hugely exciting future ahead. We started in capsules but are about to embark on even more ambitious plans to truly shake up the whole retail coffee category with a full re-launch and a new consumer campaign planned in 2018. Our Marketing team are creating a truly world class brand and we need a Sales team to deliver that ambition. For the right person, this opportunity could be a career defining effort, shaping the company and long-term success of the business whilst revolutionising a category.
If you don’t like feeling like a small cog in a machine, join CafePod and become the machine.
We have just refreshed our brand identity to deliver a striking contrast to the ‘big boys’ that are so fond of black and gold... and sometimes gold and black. We’ve launched a plethora of NPD including Ground Coffee, Whole Bean Coffee and a multitude of blends and pack sizes, with even more to follow.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team to add to our marketing team to help deliver our ambitious marketing agenda.
- To develop and execute the CafePod brand plan, to achieve sales and profit targets.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Director and, supported by the Brand Manager, develop and implement the CafePod brand plan in line with annual operating goals. Emphasis will be on developing consumer awareness and household penetration and managing and optimising the core product portfolio.
- Develop, working closely with agencies, an integrated multi-touch point consumer campaign to drive awareness, trial and household penetration, including, but not limited to, advertising, PR, partnerships, digital, events, sampling and retailer media.
- Manage and track performance, using internal and external data, of the core product portfolio, recommending change or optimisation to ensure the range is operating as efficiently and successfully as possible; if change is recommended, manage projects to deliver.
- Manage the marketing budget to ensure spend is in line with agreed levels.
- Make budget and investment proposals and agree these with the Marketing Director.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Director and Brand Manager act as guardian of brand identity and positioning & be the voice of the consumer for the business.
- Support Marketing Director on existing product development.
- Manage direct reports: the brand manager, ensuring they are aligned and supporting the relevant parts plan delivery; manage the customer car assistant ensuring complaints and queries are dealt with swiftly and efficiently to agreed KPIs.
- Work closely with the sales team to support them tactically and also translate plans into effective presentations and an in store plan including recommending relevant retailer media and managing execution of this.
- Monitor consumer queries and complaints and ensure any themes or key issues are addressed.
- Manage the customer care executive to ensure timely reporting, management of customer queries and feedback.
- Stay on top of all market and consumer trends, recommending how they might be shaped to impact on the performance of the CafePod business.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
No two days at CafePod are the same and we are looking for an ambitious, passionate and motivated person to join our team to help us shake up the coffee industry. We want someone who is excited to work in a fast growth, entrepreneurial company, creating a challenger brand.
- Educated to degree level.
- 8+ years experience in grocery FMCG marketing (ideally food), with a record of delivering tangible results.
- Have experience of big packaging goods and also ideally challenger brand/ start up environments.
- Have line manager experience.
- Intelligent, entrepreneurial, creative and passionate.
- A proactive, self-starter who thinks and suggests rather than always asks.
- Down to earth, practical, happy to roll sleeves up.
- Strong creative and communications development skills, including packaging design.
- Full understanding of marketing communications mix and how to navigate in the digital world.
- Experience of managing agencies.
- Strong commercial acumen, with good numerical literacy and understanding of P&Ls.
- Excellent communication skills- confident and inspiration with ability to persuade and influence.
- Excellent project management skills with attention to detail and a focus on results.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- You will have a slightly nerdy (!) affection for data in the knowledge it’s the analysis of the details that deliver the insights and create the actions which will deliver success.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Private healthcare*.
- Gym membership*.
- Nespresso machine*.
- Obligatory Friday beers, free fruit and as much coffee as you can drink!
* Upon successful completion of probationary period.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter, referencing the role you are applying for.