1. In a medium saucepan, combine the double cream and whole milk over medium heat. Stir occasionally and heat until it starts to steam. Do not boil.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, Daily Grind, vanilla extract, and egg yolks until well combined.
3. Slowly pour about half of the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to temper the eggs.
4. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture, and return it to medium heat.
5. Cook the mixture, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon or spatula, until it thickens and coats the back of the spoon. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
6. Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, transfer it to a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until completely chilled, for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. Once chilled, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
8. When the ice cream reaches a soft-serve consistency, transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
Note: For an extra touch, you can garnish with chocolate shavings, caramel sauce, or a sprinkle of cocoa powder.